1. The 5th Pancyprian Competition for Young Guitarists EGTA - 2012 will take place in Nicosia on 22nd of April 2012.
2. The Competition is open to all Cypriots (with a Cyprus Nationality) and all residents of Cyprus (living on the island for the last 12 months), who comply with the age limit set for each category and who have registered as competitors.
3. For the solo categories A, B and C the winners of previous Pancyprian Competitions may only enter at a higher age category.
4. The Competition is divided into four categories:
- Category A - born on 1 January 2000 or later.
- Category B - born on 1 January 1997 or later.
- Category C - born on 1 January 1994 or later.
- Category D - guitar ensembles (duos, trios, etc.) - Minimum and maximum number of members for the ensemble is 2 and 12 respectively. All members of the ensemble must have been born on 1 January 1994 or later. Each ensemble should have a name and will be treated as one competitor.
5. Registration is valid only after the organizing committee has received:
- a. A correctly completed registration form.
- b. Payment in full of the participation fee.
6. The participation fee is:
- €35 for categories A, B and C.
- €15 for each ensemble member for category D (guitar ensembles)
7. Deadline for registrations is 1 April 2012.
8. The Draw that will determine the sequence of the competition will take place on 20 April 2012.
9. Each competitor should perform the following program before the Jury:
|Category A:||free choice of a 3 - 6 minute programme.|
|Category B:||free choice of a 4 - 8 minute programme.|
|Category C:||free choice of a 5 - 10 minute programme.|
|Category D:||free choice of a 6 - 12 minute programme.|
11. Copies of the free choice pieces must be handed to the jury before the performance.
12. Competitors must be able to prove their age by showing a document (birth certificate, identity card or passport) to the President of the Jury, if asked to do so.
13. The competition will be open to the public.
14. The Competition will be judged by a Jury formed by recognized guitarists, guitar teachers and musicians. The names of the members of the Jury will be announced before the Competition.
15. A member of the Jury will not vote for a competitor who is his/her student.
16. There are three Prizes for each category.
17. The Jury reserves the right not to award a prize if they decide that the required standard of performance is not met.
18. The decisions of the Jury are final.
19. The Award Ceremony will take place on Sunday 22 April 2012 at 17.00. The winners must be present to collect their prizes and perform a short program. A winner who is absent from this ceremony will not be entitled to his/her prize.
20. During the award ceremony the public will decide the “Prize of the Public” to be awarded to the competitor who receives the highest number of votes.
21. All the rights of the performances during the competition are the intellectual property of EGTA-Cyprus.
22. EGTA-Cyprus is not responsible for the safety of any competitor during any stage of the competition. Teachers or parents are responsible.
23. All competitors are entitled to free access to all concerts of the 7th International Guitar Festival EGTA-2012.
24. Registration for the Competition implies the competitor’s acceptance of these rules.
25. In case of disambiguation in the interpretation of the rules of the Competition only the English version of these rules will be considered.